Tuesday 18 March 2008

Sport Fishing The Hawaiian way



I have grown up my entire life in Hawaii near the ocean and admit that I have never gone sport fishing. I am a self proclaimed veteran when it comes to scuba diving but when it comes to reeling in a fish as opposed to spearing one I haven't a clue.
It all started when my uncle from California came on a vacation trip to visit my family. He was bored one day and asked me what fun things there are to do here in Hawaii. I live on the North Shore and the activities are limitless but there is a catch, you need money to have fun.
I told my uncle about sport fishing and a charter that runs out of Haleiwa harbor. He got excited over the thought of being swallowed in 20 foot swells and having the salt water breeze splashing in his face.
We decided that we would book a charter the next day and it was with a company called Sport Fishing Hawaii. Upon arrival to the harbor we saw our ride out to see, it was the Karlyn vessel.
My uncle got everything he expected from the sport fishing adventure and then some, we caught 5 mahi mahi and a marlin. Captain Mark told us that we were lucky to get the marlin because not much fishing charters in Hawaii get to land a marlin. The marlin was about three hundred pounds and we cut it up and divided up among the captain and his crew. This is an experience that I will not forget, thanks to captain Mark and his Sport Fishing Hawaii charter.
Sport Fishing Hawaii
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lauren_Ashe

No comments: